To connect your simulator
to the Come Fly With Me FSHost server, click on Flights > Multiplayer > Connect (see images below)
Ensure that you have these values properly set...
Click on the Client Settings button (see image above), and ensure that you are using the port values of 23456.
After pressing Join, the Password window will appear:
Please download and RUN this test application to ensure that your port settings and forwarding are properly set BEFORE joining a session:
After running this test, this is what you should see:
If you receive any errors, please click this link and follow the instructions on how to setup the ports:
Download and install the latest TeamSpeak 3 Client.
Install Teamspeak 3 using all of the default settings. After installing the TeamSpeak 3 Client, run the programme.
Once the application appears, a Wizard should appear. If not, then select Settings, followed by Setup Wizard.
If the Teamspeak client has disappeared from your desktop, simply right-click on the Teamspeak icon in the system tray and select Show.
When asked for your Nickname, enter your 5-digit IYP Pilot number. Don't remember? Ask Michelle, "What is my Pilot Number?" or look on the Flight Tracker.
- MICROPHONE SETTINGS:
On the next page, select the Push-To-Talk radio button. Press the Key Assignment button, then press the LEFT SHIFT key.
- MICROPHONE SETTINGS:
On the next page, press the LEFT SHIFT key and test your microphone levels.
- SPEAKER MUTING:
On the next page, you can ignore this capability, or assignd a key to MUTE your Teamspeak audio.
- SELECT SOUND PACK:
On the next page, you can set things up as you wish.
- FINAL PAGE:
On the last page, UN-CHECK ALL of the boxes.
ANOTHER VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
IYP let's you use BOTH TeamSpeak 2 and TeamSpeak 3. The DEFAULT is the legacy TeamSpeak 2. So, once you launch the
IYP application, and Michelle says... "Captain, It's Your Plane... we're ready to go", select the TeamSpeak system you wish to use by saying either...
"Use TeamSpeak 2", or
Like many other IYP settings, this selection is "REMEMBERED". Meaning, once selected, it will REMAIN as set on subsequent launches of IYP.
"Use TeamSpeak 3"
That's it... you're all set.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT manually run the TeamSpeak client... Let IYP handle the launch!
- Start the It's Your Plane programme
- Launch your Simulator
- Park your aircraft at the departing airport
- Wait till you hear, "Captain, it's your plane... we're ready to go!"
- Say, "Make the Origination airport [ICAO]". For example, "Make the origination airport Charlie Yankee Charlie Whiskey."
- Say, "Make the Destination airport [ICAO]". For example, "Make the destination airport Kilo Oscar Romeo Sierra."
- Say, "Connect to Come Fly With Me"
- Michelle/Mike will ask you for the Channel Number
- Say, "Channel [number]" (based upon the pre-arranged session's meeting channel [1-16])
- The system will automatically launch Team Speak 2, and you will hear, "Link engaged".
- Michelle/Mike will then say, "Please connect to FS Host. The Password is [xxx]."
NOTE: This password changes randomly from time to time.
- Michelle/Mike will then say, "When you have finished your session, please say, Disconnect from FS Host."
"The simulator has been restored and is now in view."
- Click on Flights > Multiplayer > Connect from the simulator's menu bar to connect to FSHost. (as detailed above)
- Hold down the LEFT SHIFT KEY to speak with others
- Say, "Disconnect from Come Fly With Me" to close the session, then close the Multiplayer connection to FSHost.
If you have pre-arranged a fly time with a few of your friends, and you've agreed to meet on a certain Channel at a certain time, then simply
go to the departure airport and say, "Connect to Come Fly With Me".
Perhaps you've seen an IYP simmer on the Home page of the IYP Website displayed in YELLOW, and you'd like to fly with them.
Get their Channel Number from the Channel column and their general location by looking at them in the Flight Tracker, then hop
in your plane and say, "Connect to Come Fly With Me".
That's all there is to it. Have fun!